Saturday, July 26, 2008

Update...

I have moved! For any of you who didnt know, I have moved to Texas with my husband Brett. He ahs been here for about a year now because of work, and I finished school, student taught, and graduated back in the Burgh. I moved on June 21st. (yeah I know Im a little late on the update)!

I was able to head back home for about a week and a half to visit with my mom at the lake. It was nice and relaxing. I got to spend some quality time with both her, and my aunt candi. We really had a great time.

I am now here for good. Since I moved at the end of June I have been anticipating placement interviews with principals. Everytime we would schedule one, the principal would call back and cancel because she hired someone else. This became VERY frustrating, but everything happens for a reason. At the time, I couldnt understand what reason this was other than rudeness, but now I am glad I ddint interview for any of those jobs.

Two days after getting back I interviewed with a fabulous principal and a well recognized school in Fort Worth. She hired me on the spot for a second grade math position. THIS TOTALLY SUITS ME!!! I have been so excited that I am bursting for days.

Today, the Texas Department of Education made me want to scream, cry, and spaz all day long. They have decided that one of my Praxis exams will not be accepted and now I have a year to take their test...(yeah, I thought when I got the degree I was done...apparently not!) So now rather than getting a standard 5 year certificate, I have to take a one year emergency/probationary certificate. I have one year to take and pass their test.

Here is what really threw me into full spaz mode - My probationary certificate will not be complete until after school starts! In fact, they have no idea when it will be ready. I was told to wait in line! (how rude)

Luckily, my school district's human resources dept is AMAZING! they are going to accept my letter of eligibility from the Commonwealth of PA until my probationary certificate is complete.

THANK THE LORD!!!!!

Once all of that came to a close this afternoon, I was able to calm down and have a nice dinner with Brett. I made Garlic Chicken with one of those Campbell's Chicken Bakes... I LOVE THEM!

We hung around, and then went to the gym. Now it is 2am, Brett is asleep, and as usual, I stuck awake! O well, it gives me time to scrap, and blog.


(and eat brownies)

No comments: